Please take the time to read :)
Has been postponed until the weekend of October 24th.
Please be advised that due to delays in team selection and submission for approved team rosters official game play will be postponed until the weekend of October 24th.
It is important that the coaches communicate within their levels and sort out the details and submit this information to their Convenor for next steps. Scrimmages can continue within the practices this week to trial and error the format. Here are examples of what you may see in this modified game. 5 players and 1 goalie are required to start a game.
1) Two periods of running time with a short intermission between periods
2) No face offs - each team will start with the puck to start each period
3) Icing/Offside/Goal/Puck Covered by goalie - A whistle will be blown all offensive players will need to tag up to the red line and cannot force until all players are on the defending side of centre ice
4) Line changes - On the fly or by buzzer if level wishes to implement this format
5) No physical contact will be permitted whether for a goal celebration or body contact
6) Penalties: No official penalties: 2 minute penalty = 1 Penalty shot, 4+ minute penalty = 2 penalty shots, All major penalties = 2 penalty shots and game ejection. *Official can eject a player. If physical contact occurs the official will give one warning to BOTH TEAMS, for the first penalty of contact, any subsequent intentional physical contact will result in a players ejection.
These are being created/modified daily, we will try and get things set and posted on the GMHA website as soon as possible. Please watch weekly for your ice time allocation.
Live Streaming at the Lou
GMHA may soon have the ability to have live streaming available for families to watch from their home. Details are still being confirmed and we will share that information when it is confirmed.
Prescreening & entering the RinkPlease ensure you continue to pre-screen prior to entering the arena, the online tool on the GMHA site is a great way to complete this. Sign in at the rink is still required to verify that you have completed your pre-screening. Failure to pre-screen at home will require your completion when you arrive at the arena.
A friendly reminder that all courses and a current police check are required to be on the bench. If these are not done you will not be rostered to your team and not be able to be on the bench or on the ice. If you are unsure you have completed everything please contact administra[email protected] or speak with your Convenor.
REMEMBER to please be supportive of all volunteers trying to work through this return to play format. This is new to all and we are trying to be fair and equitable for all. Format of play and/or practices may be different across the levels based on the input by the coaches in consultation with the Convenor to provide the best and most suitable program.
~ Robb Bowman, GMHA President